WIN A CD!
Yes folks, a real live competition! And you, Mrs Pants, of 33 Wikipedia Avenue can win, and may already have won an amazing prize! In fact, you stand more chance of winning this than going to DFS and there not being a sale!!!!
Just answer the few piffling questions. If you answer all of them, you will go forward to the lottery and the first person pulled out of the hat will win tarantara!- CHEESY CONTINENTAL HITS, a fab compilation, by me of the cheesyist, catchiest continental tunes on the planet. delivered, in CD format to your door!!!
Here is the track list, just to get you foaming at the mouth:-
Volare -Gypsy Kings
Tinterella di luna -Mina
Brivido Blu- Tony Dallara
O sole mio- three Tenors (if you have to, sing along with "just one cornetto")
Santa Lucia -Mario Lanza
Malafemmena -Roberto Murolo & Mia Martini
On Days Like These -Matt Monroe
Station Ident -Radio Luxembourg
Besame Mucho -Dalida
Ill Mondo- Sergio Endrigo
Volver -Tito Gomez
Cherry Pink -Perez Prado
Zorba’s dance -Mikis Theodrakis
Gelosia -Adriano Celentano
Besame Mucho- Perez Prado
Guaglione- Renato Carasone
Mambo Cubano- Perez Prado
Pazza Idea -Patty Pravo
Arrivederci Roma- Claudio Villa
Come Prima- Domenico Modugno
And now for the questions....
- Who is the Fool in Shakespeare's Troilus and Cressida? (Clue :A deformed and scurrilous Greek)
- Who played bass with Jethro Tull on the first three albums and eventually went to Paris?
- Which actor played James Bond the most times on Screen?
- Who not only played James Bond, but also is popularly (but erroneously) thought to have played the sax solo on Gerry Rafferty's "Baker Street"
- Which member of the Zappa family did a song about "Valley Girl"
- "It's in the trees, it's in the trees!" Which fifties horror b movie did Kate Bush sample on "Hounds of Love" (clues in my blog).
Send your anwsers to the "comments" section on this post or to my email addy, and you will all be notified of the winner. Please have a go!
(Family members, sub-contractors, worshippers and employees of the Weasel are not eligible to enter) Weasel's decision is final. For a complete set of rules, don't bother