Veiled woman to give Channel Four Christmas Speech

According to this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6210324.stm




The full veil, or niqab

A veiled Muslim woman will deliver this year's alternative Christmas speech on Channel 4, the broadcaster has said.

Khadija, a Zimbabwean-born British citizen who has been wearing the full veil - or niqab - for 10 years, has been given the slot.

How do we know who this is? It's probably Britney Spears and from what I hear she could do with covering up a bit.

I reckon, at the end of the speech, the niqab will be pulled off to reveal Salman Rushdie or even worse Claire Short. Or maybe John Simpson?

I shall now go on record in vigorously opposing the wearing of loud socks on Channel Four News - John Snow being the chief perp in this.

Hopefully, underneath this stupid bit of garb will be my old friend, Sarah Wilmshurst, and not only will we get some sense for the speech, we may get a proper resume of the weather outlook.


1 comment:

Red said...

I must say, I am quite disappointed in Channel 4 for going all politically correct on us. I'm going to stick to the Queen this year. Better still, I'll probably be watching Arsenic and Old Lace.