Now, I should also say that I have visited Buckingham Palace as a member of the press, interviewed Princes, been at a private party with Cliff and the Shadows and Joan Collins, taken champagne in the boardrooms of Fortnums, The Royal Academy, and a hundred other places you may know. But the nadir of my life was working in a call centre. If ever you doubt the existence of hell, get a job in one.
So it was with much interest and a feeling of quiet disgust that I came across this advert:
Head of Call Centre Site
Working for an exceptional business and UK brand, we are looking to secure a Head of Site for the North West. You will be responsible for driving the operational and strategic direction of a 900 seat contact centre but in addition work across the wider business in terms of transformational change and strategy.
35% of the role is described as leading the site operationally and strategically through the effective management and leadership of your management team. You will be responsible for the centre’s performance through 3 direct line managers who are tasked at delivering the day to day operational metrics. In addition, they support you with the strategic development of projects to improve specific issues, performance or processes that add value to the customer and business.
The remaining 65% offers you the opportunity to work at a strategic level across the wider business network developing and driving transformational change (i.e. develop thought provoking ideas and strategies around Customer Retention)
This is a high paced environment requiring people with a strong presence and gravitas who can clearly demonstrate their knowledge of strategy within a customer focused contact centre operation. You will have an energetic leadership and personal style that allows you to influence and manage key stakeholders across a variety of functions such as Marketing, Finance, Customer Experience and peers.
This is truly a fantastic opportunity to work with a forward thinking company that delivers on putting the customer at the heart of its business. This is one of the best roles we are currently working on and a rare opportunity to secure an influential role within an organisation that allows you to be creative in the way you deliver.
Key Traits and Areas of Experience Required:
• Significant experience of delivering within a multi channel / functional call centre (Min 800 seats) within a blue chip organisation
• Significant experience of delivering transformation and change across the wider business is a MUST
• A passion for ‘grass roots’ and the experience to work strategically
• Experience of encouraging direct reports to work at a strategic level that challenges the norm and develops the operation
• Demonstrable experience of significant change management within a fast paced and ever evolving business
• Previous responsibility for customer retention strategy and operations
• A passion for innovative strategy and delivering the detail in an engaging style
• Development and delivery of exceptional service footprints that support product / customer development
• Strong stakeholder management skills across Marketing, Finance, Project, Customer Experience is essential
• Full commercial knowledge in terms of P&L and core business metrics