Short People


One of the pleasures of blogging is tapping the wealth of other peoples' pleasures. And so it is that I was put in mind of this chap, who by the way is going to be playing Glasgow in May. I never heard this song before yesterday and it kills me. As a short person, living with an even shorter person, (so, ok, I never worked for Billy Smart, but I am not tall and my hands are little) I just cannot help giggling, because not only is it true, it reveals what some people secretly think. How long though, before the song can no longer be performed?

Randy Newman - Short People. Hat tip to..well, he knows who he is!!!!

4 comments:

Richard said...

Crikey, he's aged a bit!

I always understood this song to be a parody of racism. It's a good one, but there are much better performances. This song needs to rock, not limp.

Wrinkled Weasel said...

Well, as I said, the song is new to me and I took him literally. He is probably past his sell-by date.

Jim Baxter said...

He is not past his hell-by date by any means. He contunues to parody bigorty and many other failings of intelligence to an unsurpassable degree.

As for those of us on WW's blog.

'We're rednecks, we're rednecks, we don't know our ass from a hole in the ground...'

T. P. Fuller said...

He's still going strong. Check out the title track on "Harps and Angels", his latest. Also "Korean Parents", on the same CD. I'm not much of a Jon Ronson fan, but he reckons Randy is a genius, and so do I. The poetry of "In Germany Before the War" is sublime.