Wild Turkey - new album - latest mix






I have had this remarkable experience of sharing in the creation of an album.

If you are old enough , or a musician, you will have heard of Jethro Tull. If you have been following this blog you will know it is one of my favourite bands. In 1969 they were headlining alongside The Beatles, Eric Clapton and Hendrix.

Well, to cut a long story short, the original bass player with Jethro Tull - when they were really at the height of their success, was one Glenn Cornick, (with the very famous headband) who has since become a friend and has visited the Weasel at Weasel Hall, along with his lovely family all the way from his home in California.

His own band, Wild Turkey has been busy doing another album and little me, ME! has been sent a series of CDs, together with the song lyrics and Glenn's early demo's. Today I got a mix of the album.

First, I have to say that this does not happen to me that often, apart from Lemmy from Motorhead last week, who left a ciggy burn in my sofa and Alice Cooper, whose snake escaped and ate the chickens. Ok I was joking about Lemmy and Alice.

Well, the album is brilliant! Glenn has a special ability with melodies I think, and you can hear this on the early Tull arrangements. Also on the album are som incredible guitar solos. The other, crucial half of the original Jethro Tull, Clive Bunker, played drums on the sessions.

I hope I can soon give some details of where you can get a copy. Let me know if you are interested. The official Glenn Cornick website is at www.cornick.org

No comments: