Eurovision

For the first time in history, the Weasel is going to miss the Eurovision Song Contest.

I am elsewhere on that night.

To be honest, I am not that bothered anymore. It has ceased to be a celebration of camp schlock and become some sort of politically-correct-o-meter of thinly disguised national allegiance voting. It has also become so foully bad. Despite predicting that Lordi would win by a mile two years ago, my interest in it is now at an all time low. Like Sir Terry, I am done with it.

The British entry is, as could be predicted, dire. Total and utter gravy granules from the sick simulator.

It's here if you don't believe me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-RJc1i9q34

The opening words are "I've been down". The woman, Jade, does not go into detail about who she has been down on, but I guess she had to kiss a lot of frogs to get the gig. The song is called "It's my time". Yes, Jade, it may be your time - about five minutes max.

Any hot tips for a winner would be appreciated, but don't work too hard on it.

3 comments:

moat cleaner and bulb changer said...

I think there's some new plans for the voting this year. Supposed to make it less political. 50% viewer votes / 50% usual biased panel. Didn't Terry Wogan throw in the towel aswell. Might be Graham Norton doing the compering. So definitely one to miss.

Fausty said...

@ moat cleaner

I'll believe it when I see it. It's been a sham for years and I'm surprised Wogan has stuck at it for so long.

Hard to imagine why any self-respecting artiste would subject him/herself to such humiliation. There are better prospects to be had.

Cate Munro said...

Ah yes . . .but with the GB entry written by two of the most successful song-writers of modern times ie: Dianne Warren and Andrew Lloyd Webber (and if you listen - it definitely smacks of an ALW track) we could do a LOT worse. I actually like it and thin its the best chance we've had in years.
Also don't forget, ALW's been touting it around Erupoe trying to bribe them all to vote for us over the past 6 months - so if this doesn't work, i suspect we should give up!